At some time, everyone experiences difficulties in life. The skills to cope vary according to individual and situation. When to seek help from a trained, licensed professional can be based on answers to the following questions:
* Do you experience frequent or prolonged periods of sadness or helplessness?
* Do you feel overwhelmed by the responsibilities of life?
* Do you find it increasingly difficult to concentrate and carry out daily activities?
* Do you worry excessively and expect the worst?
* Are you constantly on edge, becoming overly irritable and argumentative?
* Is your health suffering?
* Are your relationships suffering?
If your answer to any of these questions is “yes”, psychotherapy can help you develop the skills you need to make positive changes in your life.